At a glance
# OF EMPLOYEES 4000
# OF COUNTRIES 14
# OF OFFICES 34
With a desire to move to a server-less environment as a company, ThoughtWorks put its communications strategy on the table for review.
"Increasingly our applications were SaaS - just as we advise our own clients. We were heavy users of cloud. And we saw that desk phones were disappearing, replaced by VoIP, softphones, and lots of web-conferencing." Andy Yates, ThoughtWorks
ThoughtWorks made the decision to replace fragmented voice and video communications tools with one software platform from Fuze with key integrations into tools like Okta and Google calendars to drive a seamless experience and employee adoption.
"We found that where there’s choice, there’s a cost, in the negotiation of which tool to use for any given conversation. Removing unnecessary choices improves the user experience." Andy Yates, ThoughtWorks
Fuze provided a phased cloud communications strategy for ThoughtWorks based around a single software platform.
- Google Calendar, Okta — single sign on, user provisioning
- Tools replaced:
- Vidyo, GoToMeeting, LiveStream, Asterisk, Global Crossing (Audio)
- Key use cases:
- Distributed team meetings - scheduled and ad-hoc
- All-hands meetings for company and regions
- Digital meeting rooms
- Connecting communities of interest to discuss speciﬁc topics
- Supporting multi-site customer projects
- Multi-day interactive workshops